I like shopping. I know it’s the most stereotypically girl thing to like, but there it is. I am not ashamed.
I don’t do a whole lot of shopping right now beyond the necessities, but when I do, there are certain places I like to go. And today, I’m sharing. Why?
Because it’s Fluffy Friday, that’s why. And that’s just the way I roll:
1. Thinkgeek.com. If ever there was a Nerdvana, this would be it. A sampling of the merchandise: a Tardis USB hub, lightsaber chopsticks (not as problematic as you might think), plush bacon, sonic screwdrivers, and my personal favorite, the screaming monkey slingshot. I bought this for my brother one Christmas, and despite the fact that we all opened more grownup presents, this little $6.99 toy was what the entire family played with all morning.
2. American Eagle. Two words: quality jeans. Go when they’re on sale and they’re very reasonably priced. They’re pre-shrunk and the fit is excellent. And the last time I was there, every pair I tried on was a pair of amazing butt jeans.
And as we all know, amazing butt jeans are worth the inconvenience of going to the mall. Anyday.
4. Trader Joe’s. I don’t get out there much, but they sell my very favorite champagne for $6.99 a bottle, and the quirky checkers always say something entertaining, like asking me what amazing adventures I have planned for the rest of the day. Only they could make grocery shopping epic.
5. The Limited. I can’t afford to shop here a lot, but their clothes are oh-so-shiny-and-pretty.
6. And just discovered this morning: www.thisiswhyimbroke.com. Sample merchandise: sword handle umbrellas, steampunk nerfguns, and an all-edges brownie pan. Sweet.
So, what are your faves? What am I missing out on?